Saturday, September 30, 2006

All October appointments are out the window...

I thought I had successfully secured October 19th for Lily's ASSR. I have been playing phone tag with the appointment setter at Shands for almost a month now. She and I had initially left very detailed phone messages with one another about October 19th and I had even written the date on our calendar here. When the appointment setter stopped calling me back and would never seem to answer her phone when I called (ever!), I started to get worried. I decided to keep calling her every other day and leave her the same message until I got a response. I did this for the past two weeks. In my last message though I said that I looked forward to seeing her on October 11th for Lily's pre-op appointment and could she please call me back to tell me what time we should arrive. That got a response from her and a month after our initial messages to one another, I finally got to speak to her personally. She tried to act like she had no idea about the October 19th date for Lily's ASSR and now says that the doctors are all booked for this day. She said she would call me back yesterday with a new date. Hoping to hear from her Monday. This clinic has not been easy to deal with so far. I would rather all this testing stuff not drag into November. We are scheduled to have our follow-up appointment with Dr. Antonelli on October 23rd.

No comments: